Registered Mail for the Blind
Registered Mail for the Blind enables blind and partially sighted people to send articles for the blind that weigh up to 7kg with added benefits of a registered service.
The Registered Mail for the Blind scheme enables blind and partially sighted people and organisations or institutions for the blind to send or receive correspondence in Braille or audio records for personal use by the blind.
What can be sent?
- Correspondence produced in tactile form for use by the blind.
- Special papers for use by the blind sent by an organisation or institution for the blind.
- Audio records for personal use by the blind - to use the service, either the sender or the addressee must be a blind person or an organisation or institution for the blind.
- High-quality, fast and reliable service.
- Available with a large number of additional services.
- Basic services are available free of charge.
|Certificate of posting||Yes|
|Posting documents||Posting Form, all kinds of Bulk Posting Forms (on paper), Electronic Posting Form, or Data File|
|Certificate of delivery||Yes|
|Compensation||Compensation for lost items: CZK 680.Compensation for damaged or part loss items according to the actual damage: up to CZK 680.|
|Maximum weight||7kg (weight precision on posting: 50g)|
|Maximum size||Single dimension maximum length: 60cm. All three dimensions in total may not exceed 90cm.|
You can find details on the service in the Postal Terms and Conditions of the Czech Post - Basic Postal Services (Art. 14 et seq.).
|Category of mail||Weight up to / Price|
|Registered Mail for the Blind||Basic services: free of charge.Additional services: charged as follows.|
This basic postal service and the related additional services and extra charges are VAT-free.
|Certificate of Delivery |
The sender will get a written confirmation of delivery of the item to the recipient.
The COD amount, given by the sender, will be collected from the recipient on delivery of the item and paid, in cash or by bank transfer, to the sender or a person designated by the sender.
|Delivery to the Addressee |
OnlyThe item will be delivered:
|Delivery to the Addressee in Person Only |
In case of items addressed to individuals, the sender may order delivery to the addressee in person only.
|Shorter Collection Time |
The standard time for collection of an item from the post office is 15 days. The sender may order a shorter collection time of 3 or 10 days.
|included in the price of the service|
|Longer Collection Time Set by the Sender |
The standard time for collection of an item from the post office is 15 days. The sender may order a longer collection time of one month. The addressee may also ask for a longer collection time if not precluded by the sender.
You can find details on other additional services and extra charges in the Complete Price List of the Czech Post Services or at any post office.
Basic services under the Registered Mail for the Blind scheme are free of charge. Items identified as Registered Mail for the Blind but containing things that are not eligible are subject to charges according to the valid price list.
- Registered Mail for the Blind can be posted at a post office or with authorised postal personnel anywhere.
- Articles under the Registered Mail for the Blind scheme should preferably be marked with "Doporučeně" ("Registered").
- All mail posted using the service must have the "Slepecká zásilka" label, identifying articles for the blind in the Czech language, in the upper right-hand corner of the front cover. The label is available free of charge from any post office.
- The sender's address must be in the upper left-hand quarter of the front cover.
- All mail posted using the service is subject to inspection and so items must be easy to open and re-seal without damaging the package.
- Fill in the certificate of posting form (Posting Card or Posting Sheet) to post your item.
Delivery of Registered Mail for the Blind will be confirmed by the recipient.
- Online Track&Trace - you can trace your consignment online via the Track&Trace application on our website to check whether the addressee has already received it. Contractual partners can also arrange for receiving regular daily reports on the status of posted mail.
- Simpler and faster posting, delivery, handover, return (if necessary) of mail.
- Cut administrative burden - barcoded mail has many benefits - you can use this service to reduce your administrative burden.
- No-Card Cash-on-Delivery - this service requires no paperwork and the COD amount will be credited to your account in a shorter period of time.
- Simpler complaint handling (if necessary).
- New versions of classic paper forms - Never mind if you cannot use the electronic data transfer option. There are new versions of paper forms waiting for you. Everyone can choose the right one.