One letter, two signed for delivery options
Use the Registered Letter scheme if you need clear evidence of delivery of your letter to the addressee. We will reliably deliver your messages and can also confirm the time of delivery of your letter to the addressee. Registered Letter helps reliably mail written messages, documents, books, and small things.
Starting from 1 February 2020, European delivery standards will newly apply to Registered Letter services. The novel, two-speed delivery system allows you to choose one of two delivery speeds and prices.
Find out more at www.ceskaposta.cz/dverychlosti.
What can I post and how do I do it?
- Closed package with inserted contents.
- Unfolded paper card, postcard or picture card.
- High quality and reliability
- Two delivery speeds
- Priority letters will usually be delivered the next working day after posting (D+1).
- Economy letters will usually be delivered the next working day after posting (D+1).
- Lower price for slower delivery with the Economy option
|Certificate of posting||Yes|
|Posting documents||Posting Form, all kinds of Bulk Posting Forms (on paper), Electronic Posting Form, or Data File|
|Certificate of delivery||Yes|
The price includes different compensation cover for different delivery options
|Minimum weight||2.5 g|
|Maximum weight||2 kg |
50g - Standard
|Minimum size||14x9 cm|
|Maximum size||50x35x5 cm |
23.1x16.4x0.5cm - Standard
Valid from the 1st of February 2020
Ordinary Letter - Priority
Weight up to / Price (CZK)
50g - standard
|Price for Customer Card holders, 1–9 letters||52||60||62||68||74|
|Price for Customer Card holders, 10+ letters||47||55||58||64||70|
Ordinary Letter - Economy
Weight up to / Price (CZK)
50g - standard
|Price for Customer Card holders, 1–9 letters||45||53||55||61||67|
|Price for Customer Card holders, 10+ letters||40||48||51||57||63|
This basic postal service and the related additional services and extra charges are VAT-free.
|Certificate of Delivery |
The sender will get a written confirmation of delivery of the item to the recipient.
|Cash-on-delivery The COD amount, given by the sender, will be collected from the recipient on delivery of the item and paid, in cash or by bank transfer, to the sender or a person designated by the sender. Other surcharges: ||CZK 14|
|Delivery to the Addressee Only |
The item will be delivered:
|Delivery to the Addressee in Person Only |
In case of items addressed to individuals, the sender may order delivery to the addressee in person only.
|Shorter Collection Time |
The standard time for collection of an item from the post office is 15 days. The sender may order a shorter collection time of 3 or 10 days.
|included in the price of the service|
|Longer Collection Time Set by the Sender |
The standard time for collection of an item from the post office is 15 days. The sender may order a longer collection time of one month. The addressee may also ask for a longer collection time if not precluded by the sender.
|Electronic alerts |
An SMS alert on delivery
An email alert on delivery
You can find details on other additional services in the Complete Price List of the Czech Post Services or at any post office.
In cash, with postage stamps, contractual customers also by franking machine, by direct debit or by bank transfer.
- Registered Letters can be posted at any post office or handed over to authorised postal staff to be posted.
- Sorting by delivery option is required before posting.
- The upper left-hand quarter of the address side must contain the sender’s address.
- Stick a “D+1” label or write a clear note “D+1” on the address side of all priority letters.
- The codes for the delivery option “Economy” used in the posting data for economy letters are as follows:
- “1K” for electronic files or online posting
- “EK” for paper forms
- The sender has to use the printed instructions to fill out a Posting Form, Bulk Posting Form (in electronic form or on paper), or Data File.
- The receiving post office will confirm the posting on a posting certificate, i.e. a Posting Form or Bulk Posting Form.
Delivery of Registered Mail will be confirmed by the recipient.
- Electronic data transfer - you can now post your mail with posting details provided on a USB disc or (contractual partners only) online via the PostingOnline application on our website.
- Online Track&Trace - you can trace your consignment online via the Track&Trace application on our website to check whether the addressee has already received it. Contractual partners can also arrange for receiving regular daily reports on the status of posted mail.
- Simpler and faster posting, delivery, handover, return (if necessary) of mail.
- Cut administrative burden - barcoded mail has many benefits - you can use this service to reduce your administrative burden.
- No-Card Cash-on-Delivery - this service requires no paperwork and the COD amount will be credited to your account in a shorter period of time.
- Simpler complaint handling (if necessary).
- New versions of classic paper forms - Never mind if you cannot use the electronic data transfer option. There are new versions of paper forms waiting for you. Everyone can choose the right one.