Prohibited and restricted goods
We refuse to carry any of the illegal or harmful items listed below:
- radioactive substances,
- narcotic and psychotropic substances,
- poisonous and caustic substances,
- infectious biological substances,
- solid carbon dioxide,
- pressure vessels, compressed or liquid gases and gas solutions,
- biological agents and toxins, oxidising, flammable and other chemical substances and preparations which are classified as dangerous under section 2 of the Act No. 157/1998 Coll., on chemical substances and chemical preparations and on modification of certain other laws, as amended, the Decree No. 474/2002 Coll., which implements the Act No. 281/2002 Coll., on certain measures connected with the prohibition of bacteriological (biological) and toxin weapons and on modification of the Trade Act,
- living vertebrates.
Restricted goods (things we can carry but with restrictions)
Any of the following items may be posted providing it meets all our requirements for acceptance of the item:
- perishable biological substances are mailable providing that should the substance deteriorate, it will neither cause an obnoxious odour, nuisance or disturbance nor leak through the package of the item,
- living animals other than vertebrates are mailable providing that they will not require a special care and attention during delivery,
- easy-to-break goods are mailable in special package protecting the goods from harm during standard handling of the item,
- liquids are mailable provided they are properly packed to prevent any leakage through the package of the item.
Money, activated payment cards and other means of payment; vouchers for goods or services; bills of exchange, cheques and other securities; objects of cultural, artistic or collectible value regardless of their age and price; jewellery, precious stones, precious metals and products made of them and other similarly valuable objects may be contained in mail only if it is expressly permitted for a particular postal service.