We know how important it is that your mail is delivered safely and undamaged. Packing your mail carefully gets it off to a good start. These reminders may help you:
General packaging guidelines
- Pack your item securely so that the things contained:
- cannot cause a harm to human health or safety,
- cannot cause unpleasant sensations,
- cannot cause damage to other items or postal equipment.
- Please ensure that the package is sufficiently secure to prevent any breaking into the item without leaving evident traces on the outer side of the package.
- Use an outer as well as inner package adequate to the nature and weight of the things within your item, manner and duration of relocation of the item and the manner of its handling during transmission and delivery.
Please ensure that the package is:
- sufficiently solid to provide efficient protection to the things within your item against potential damage due to contact (friction, pressure, collision) with other items,
- sufficient to protect the things within your item from damaging should the item fall freely from a height of 120cm,
- sufficient to protect the things within your item from damage due to weather effects.
Please ensure that multiple things within your item do not touch each other or the outer package.
- Use a package that is easy and safe to handle.
- You can also send a thing unpacked but only if the thing is sufficiently solid and:
- the selected service expressly permits so,
- the requirements under paragraphs 1 to 4 are satisfied without using any package and there is no risk that the thing could split during normal handling.
- When re-using a package, remove all traces (such as labels) of any previous delivery or other services provided through us from the outer side of the package.
Special packaging guidelines
- Ordinary items
- Carboard paper (picture or postcard): can be sent unpacked
- Ordinary Letter: a sealed envelope with inserted contents
- Ordinary Parcel: no special requirements.
- Registered items
Please use a sealed package with inserted contents or a piece of unfolded cardboard paper.
- Insured Letter
Please use a sealed package (i.e. special envelopes or special package for Insured Letter available from us).
If you are using a special envelope, please seal it with at least 2cm-wide paper or clear plastic tape. If the tape bears no unique identification mark of the sender, at least two signatures or stamps of the sender must be affixed, either on the paper tape or under the plastic tape.
If you are using a special package of the Czech Post, follow the instructions attached to the package to seal it.
- Insured Parcel
Insured Parcel with a declared value up to CZK 5,000 or with a declared value up to CZK 30,000 containing no coins or banknotes, precious metals or stones, securities, jewels or similar things of value:
- use a normal package.
Insured Parcel with a declared value above CZK 30,000 or with a declared value between CZK 5,000 and CZK 30,000 containing coins or banknotes, precious metals or stones, securities, jewels or similar things of value:
- seal the package with at least 2cm-wide paper or clear plastic tape. If the tape bears no unique identification mark of the sender, at least two signatures or stamps of the sender must be affixed, either on the paper tape or under the plastic tape, or
- if the edges cannot be sealed as above, tie them with one piece of solid string. Seal the ends of the string with lead seal bearing a unique identification mark of the sender. Make a running knot on each crossing. Mind to fasten the string well so that it cannot be removed without breaking the seal.
This does not apply to a thing posted unpacked.