People have sent half a million Online Postcards
The Online Postcard sent with serial number 500,000 has been registered today at 00:49 p.m.
“The widespread electronic communication means that the era of classic picture cards has had its day. So in 2015, we came up with a combination of classic picture cards and modern technology. People can use the Online Postcard application to send any picture from their mobile phone, which will then be delivered to the addressee as a classic picture card. This service suits both the younger generation who are not interested in classic picture cards and elderly people who may not be equally skilled in electronic communication,” said Martin Elkán, Czech Post’s Director General.
Online Postcards can be sent either from the mobile application or online at www.pohledniceonline.cz. The mobile application is free of charge; the only charge is for sending each postcard. The price depends on the size and destination (Czech Republic, European or non-European countries) and starts from CZK 23. It includes the processing, printing and delivery of the picture.
The user can select a frame for the picture from a number of categories, such as Holiday Greetings, Boating Greetings. Each frame is accompanied with an illustration. The size, font and colour of the text on the back can be changed. The user can also use templates for pictures containing multiple pictures.
Online Postcards are most popular in summer holidays when thousands of postcards are sent every day.
- The service has been provided since 2015; since 2016, it has also been available free of charge online at www.pohledniceonline.cz
- Number of postcards sent as of Wednesday, 26 July 2017 at 00:49 p.m.: 500,000
- Number of installations: over 100,000 downloads of the mobile application from Google Play for Android OS; over 18,000 downloads for iOS
- Countries from which postcards are most commonly sent: Croatia, Italy, Greece, Slovakia
- Most common senders: 25 to 44-year-old, almost identical percentage of men (52%) and women (48%)
- Most popular format: the traditional A6
- Most popular functions: smileys to be printed on the picture card, seasonal frames